https://b8-live-cdn.s3.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/HTML-Photo-1-scaled.jpg 1705 2560 B8RE https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/b8-live-cdn/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/logo.png B8RE2022-01-28 10:59:092022-01-28 11:05:49North West Industrial Market Report Update – January 2022
We are pleased to announce our bi-annual market report focussing on the North West industrial and logistics market.
2021 Highlights Include
- Approximately £1.30BN of North West industrial investments transacted in 2021. A huge North West record and an 86% increase on the £695M transacted in 2020.
- Unprecedented demand for all industrial submarkets, across a broad spectrum of investors.
- Investor appetite for speculative funding continues to increase, albeit the increasing build costs present a potential hurdle.
- Pricing remains very strong across all sub-sectors, with record yields being achieved.
- 2021 was another record year for the North West industrial occupational market, with take up recorded at 6.2M sq ft, a 38% increase on the 5 year average.
- 50% of all speculative ‘Big Box’ developments that PC’d in 2021 were let prior to completion.
- Land values double over the last 12 months, now reaching in excess £2M per acre for super prime sites.
- Record rents and demand in the SME / Multi-let market. Second hand refurbished unit rents are now eclipsing where new build rents were in 2020.