SIGN UP TO GET YOUR FREE COPY OF OUR LATEST MARKET REPORT
We are pleased to announce our bi-annual market report focussing on the North West industrial and logistics market
- North West industrial investment transactions during 2020 stood at £695M, a significant increase on the £508M transacted in 2019.
- Stark contrast between the £194M transacted in H1 and the £501M in H2 (a new post-recession record).
- Investor demand has remained extremely strong, although perhaps lacking significant depth in some sub-sectors. Supply has remained restricted throughout the year.
- Prime and secondary yields have remained strong, with record pricing for Big-Box logistics. Poorer secondary / tertiary assets need to be priced correctly.
- North West industrial occupier take up for units >90,000 sq ft totalled a record 5.20M sq ft in 2020 – a 47% increase on 2019 level.
- Demand has been particularly strong for speculative new build accommodation, accounting for 60% of all ‘Big-Box’ transactions.
- Less than 6 months ‘Big-Box’ Grade A supply at December 2020. This is coupled with a limited development pipeline, particularly for >250,000 sq ft units.
- 2020 saw continued strong demand in the mid-range / SME market for new build accommodation with take up totalling 1.05M sq ft, a 35% increase on 2019 figure.