We are pleased to announce our bi-annual market report focussing on the North West industrial and logistics market
- Approximately £505m of North West industrial property investments transacted in H1 2022 – up 24% on the H1 5-year average, but down 26% on H1 2021.
- Strong demand for all industrial submarkets, across a broad spectrum of investors, although some headwinds have emerged in Q2 2022
- Investor appetite for speculative funding has been a driving force in the industrial investment market throughout H1 – accounting for over 20% of volume.
- In the short term we expect to see pricing on certain stock move backwards slightly, potentially up to 100 bps.
- Occupational take up in H1 2022 continued to break records, with units >90,000 sq ft up 25% from the same period in H1 2021.
- Supply remains restricted with only two new build speculative units >90,000 sq ft immediately available in the North West.
- New build rents for mid box units (40,000 – 75,000 sq ft) are edging towards double figures on a per sq ft basis
- Land values have increased across all site types in the industrial sector, with pricing in excess of £2.0M achieved in super-prime locations.
To read more on these trends and hear from our experts download our latest biannual market report