We are pleased to announce our bi-annual market report focussing on the North West industrial and logistics market.
The North West industrial property market continued to reach new heights during the first half of 2021, with the value of transactions having tripled and occupier take-up almost double the same period last year.
H1 2021 Highlights Include
- North West industrial investment transactions during 2020 stood at a record £648M, over three times the volume recorded in H1 2020.
- Investor demand continues to increase, with more entrants coming to the market.
- Restricted supply and further increases in pricing has resulted in an increased number of investors actively seeking speculative funding opportunities.
- Pricing remains very strong across all sub-sectors, with record yields being achieved for distribution units and good quality multi-let estates.
- North West industrial occupier take up for units >90,000 sq ft totalled 3.34M sq ft in H1 2021 – a 91% increase on 2020 level.
- 47% of all ‘Big-Box’ take up (2.1M sq ft) involved speculative new build units or pre-lets.
- The level of demand for prime industrial development sites has resulted in unprecedented land values being achieved in the region.
- The SME sector has seen consistent, strong demand for new build and good quality 2nd hand accommodation achieving record rental values across all sizes in the region.